When our economy is strong, our families are strong.
I firmly believe that the State needs to increase funding sources for local investments. For example, the Texas Enterprise Fund has been an effective tool for municipalities to partner with the State for direct investment. I pledge to work with local economic development organization to use these funds to create good-paying jobs.
While serving on the San Antonio City Council, I had the pleasure to serve on the following committees that dealt directly with economic development:
- Economic and Community Development Council Committee (Chair)
- Intergovernmental Relations Council Committee (Chair)
- High Profile Contracts Accountability Council Committee (Chair)
- Audit Council Committee
- Free Trade Alliance Advisory Board
- City of San Antonio Regional Business Disparity Committee (Co-Chair)
- SA Economic Development Corporation Board
I will Stand Up for better paying jobs!